Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Fun Birthday Card

I have another preview card for you today, a fun birthday card using See Ya Later.  I love this Sale-a-bration set, it has a little bit of everything!  When I saw that Catherine and Cathy Create had a birthday challenge, I knew that See Ya Later was the stamp set to go with.

Isn't this a fun design!  I wanted to use Birthday Basics DSP and the candles seemed like the right one for this card.  My card color palette was based off the colors in the DSP.  I used Bermuda Bay, Raspberry Ripple, and Smokey Slate.

I really had fun doing the offset card design for my Thursday Color Challenge card, so I thought I'd do another for this card.  The layering is different than I normally do, there's a lot going on there!

1.  I die cut a circle in Bermuda Bay to layer behind the greeting.  The greeting was stamped with Bermuda Bay and die cut with a Deco Label framelit.

2. I next added in a Raspberry ripple banner that I made by cutting a strip of card stock and using my hexagon punch to make the banner end.  The banner went behind the greeting.

3.  I cut a strip of Smokey Slate card stock then die cut the bottom with the Large Scallop Edgelit.  I added it under the greeting.  I originally had thought I would leave it like that, but something didn't look right.  So, I added a very thin strip of Raspberry Ripple card stock to the top of the Smokey Slate and it looked better.

4.  Lastly, I added in a bunch of cute little flowers using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  There are four Bermuda Bay flowers along the Smokey Slate and three Raspberry Ripple ones above the greeting.  I like how the two balance each other out.  A small rhinestone gem was added to the middle of each flower for a little sparkle.

I hope you like the offset look as much as I do!  It's always fun to mix things up a little and try something new!

Thanks for stopping by again!  I still have another 3D treat to share that features the Spiral Flower Die that I'll be sharing tomorrow, so be sure to check back!


Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $24.95 US during Preview Week: Jan 12-18


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this card. One I know I will duplicate. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tiz Barnes said...

This is so cute. Thanks for playing along at Catherine and Cathy Create!

Tiz Barnes said...

Such a cute card. The Deco Frame is the perfect fit for that stamp. Thanks for playing along with Catherine and Cathy Create.