Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bright and Cheerful Petal Parade

I have a very bright and happy card for this week's sketch challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.  First, let me show you the sketch real quick.

Petal Parade was still out on my desk from another card, so I went with that as my inspiration.

I got to break out the new Watercolor Wonder DSP for this card.  I went through and looked at all the designs and decided on the ones with Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango.  I cut the strips of paper 3 1/2" x 1/2" and created a banner end with the Hexagon Punch.  The sentiment "just because" from A Dozen Thoughts is stamped with Calypso Coral on the fourth banner.  The card base is actually Calypso Coral, not Tangerine Tango and it's embossed with the upcoming Sale-a-bration embossing folder called Decorative Dots.

The flower from Petal Parade is done in two layers.  The bottom layer is in Daffodil Delight and cut out by hand.  I added a little curve to it with my bone folder to give a bit of dimension.  The next layer is stamped in Calypso Coral and hand cut out as well.  I gave it a little curve with the bone folder and adhered it with a dimensional.  I added in an Extra Large Basic Pearl to complete the look I was going for.


This card is bold and happy and very quick to assemble....all things I love!  I hope you will join the sketch challenge with me this week and make a card of your own.  All the details about participating can be found at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.


Thanks for stopping by for Sale-a-bration previews!  Stop back, I have lots more to share!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

EmilyB said...

I am loving that embossing folder and the tangerine looks great as the backdrop to that DSP!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Nicole! I love the colours! :)
Lizy xx

Rose said...

this is so pretty!!! love the watercolor papers :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous job with the sketch! So excited to be on the TSOT team with you :)

Sarah said...

Love how bright and cheery this card is - super cute!

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous card! I love your take on the sketch.

Karen said...

Nicole your card is beautiful. Love the papers and colors.