Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fresh Prints Valentine

Today is the first Saturday challenge for the Spring Collection at Create with Connie and Mary, and I have yet another Valentine to share!  If you can't tell already, I am absolutely in LOVE with the new Fresh Prints DSP Pack.  So of course today's card features it again along with Follow My Heart. But I am getting ahead of myself, let me show you the sketch first!


Isn't this a great sketch?!  I went with a Valentine and used a heart in place of a flower.

I just LOVE this paper!!  This particular floral print from the Fresh Prints Pack is my FAVORITE design, I just can't get enough of it!  I based my whole design off this pattern. I used Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake and Real Red as my color palette.   The scalloped edge was die cut with the Large Scallop Edgelit and accented with pearls.   Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim covers the seam at the DSP and Crumb Cake, it's subtle yet effective. 
The focal point is a sentiment from Follow My Heart stamped with Real Red on Whisper White.   It's die cut with a heart framelit then I hand cut a Real Red matting for it.  I like the simplicity of it and didn't add any further embellishments to the heart.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today!  It's not too late to subscribe to the Spring Collection and enjoy all the wonderful projects we have for you!  You can find more details at Create with Connie and Mary along with more cards from the Design Team.

Thanks for visiting!  Come back tomorrow for a fun Valentine treat that I plan on giving my kids this year.


Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $29.95 US


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



3 comments:

Deb said...

What a delightful card! Love the ribbon and pearls, too!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful Valentine! Love the DSP and the scallop along the side with pearls! Great job with the sketch!

Terry said...

Your card is perfect - the colors (I love Fresh Prints too), the pearls on the scallops, the clean lines... everything!