Sunday, January 26, 2014

Valentine Cookies

Welcome back!  Today I have a great idea to share for Valentine's Day.  I love to bake cookies for people and I have a great way to package them to make them extra special.  The one I am sharing today is what I will be giving my family this year on Valentine's Day.

Isn't this great!  I turned a CD envelope into a cookie holder!  This is a super easy idea and perfect for making in large quantities.  I simply took a CD envelope and embellished it with a little stamping and ribbon.  This particular design is made to hold the envelope shut and slide off to be re-used again!

I stamped "LOVE" from Countless Sayings on Whisper White card stock AND a piece of Fresh Prints DSP.  I fussy cut the pieces of the word from the DSP and glued them into the word stamped on white.  I made a Real Red matting and the main sentiment is complete.  Lastly, I stamped "you" in the bottom right corner with Real Red.

To hold the envelope shut, I wrapped a piece of 3/4" Black Chevron around it from bottom to top.  A piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine tied in a bow holds the ribbon on.

I hope you enjoyed this little treat today and try it for yourself.  This idea can be translated into sooooo many things!  Party favors, teacher gifts, baby and wedding shower favors.....the list goes on and on!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Tomorrow is the next Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge so stop back to see what I've done.

Happy Stamping!






Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



1 comment:

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, this is just adorable! The effect you've achieved with the paper piecing is outstanding! Love it! (now you've made me want a cookie, lol!)