Saturday, January 11, 2014

You're Lovely, Shabby Chic Style

I have been into CAS (Clean and Simple) cards A LOT lately, so I decided to switch things up and do a Shabby Chic card.

Part of the reason for the Shabby Chic card was the sewing.  I had my sewing machine out for a Christmas project for my son, so I decided to try out sewing on a card.  In keeping with the shabby tradition, I didn't go for a super neat and tidy look.  I took a scrap of card stock and used light adhesive to make the ruffling with the Pink Pirouette Taffeta ribbon and the Pear Pizzaz Seam Binding.  In the center I have a simple strip of Basic Gray 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon.  It was only adhered, not sewed.  By sewing on a scrap of card stock I not only made it easier to run through the sewing machine, but I was able to move it around the card to decide on a location.

Next, "You're Lovely" from the Sale-a-bration Catalog was stamped with Smokey Slate and die cut with the matching Deco Label Framelit.  I stamped it again in Blushing Bride and cut out the word "Lovely" to adhere over the gray one.  I added a Pear Pizzaz matting, hand trimmed just to give a little extra color before adhering it to the doily.  For a last touch,  Basic Pearls were added around the doily.

The base card is Blushing Bride embossed with the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.  For a little extra touch, I added a lining to the envelope using a retired DSP.

I really love the over all Shabby look and will be doing more sewing in the future.  Amazing how different things inspire us!  The sewing machine being out and ready to go left me no reason not to try it out!  I hope you will be inspired to do something different with your next creation!








PREVIEW WEEK starts on Sunday!  We are starting the Early Bird sign ups for the Spring Collection 2014 on Create with Connie and Mary.  It's all about the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration projects!  We have lots of GREAT ideas to help you!!  See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!

Print Friendly and PDF
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job Nicole, thanks for sharing. I really like the colors and shabby sheik look, outstanding!