Monday, February 3, 2014

Petal Parade for TSSC300

Welcome back!  It's Monday and time for a new sketch challenge from Mary Jo at Technostamper.  We have another great sketch, take a look.

I wanted to use colors that I haven't touched as much lately, so I based by card around Rich Razzleberry.  It's one of my favorites, but I haven't used it in awhile.  I paired it with Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake so I could use the Fresh Prints DSP Pack.

The card base is Crumb Cake with a layer of Rich Razzleberry embossed with the new Scallops EF.  I took a sheet of Whisper White and randomly stamped the flowers from Petal Parade with Rich Razzleberry and Coastal Cabana inks.

I used the Circle Framelit to cut out a section that I liked.  The die I used was the fifth in from the outside.

Once the circle was die cut, I adhered it to a piece of Coastal Cabana and hand cut a slender matting around the circle.  I added it to the card base then started on the greeting.  I cut a piece of Whisper White 1" x 4 1/4" and stamped "just because" from A Dozen Thoughts.  Underneath I added the scalloped stamp in Coastal Cabana.  After cutting banner ends with my Hexagon Punch, I added a matting of Coastal Cabana the same as I did with the circle.

The small banners below the greeting are punched from Fresh Prints DSP with the new Sale-a-bration Banner Punch.  Lastly, I added small flowers with pearls using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.

I had a great time with this sketch and color combo.  If you'd like to join the challenge with me, just go to Technostamper to see all the details.

You can see cards made by other members of the design team by clicking on the links below.  


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


5 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Saw this on SCS and had to come over to learn more about it. Thanks for the picture showing how you created your card. Very informative and beautiful.

Patsy Ingram said...

Beautiful card. The colors are so rich and elegant.

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Love these colors together! Great card Nicole!

MJ said...

Oh my I want to go play with this color combo right now--I too love the Rich Razzleberry and have not used it in quite a while, looks great with the Coastal Cabana. Awesome card, thanks so much for always having fabulous samples for my sketch challenge!

Carol Carriveau said...

Your ideas are always intriguing and you used some of my most favorite colors!!!! The design reminds me of an old fashion key....love it all! So love your creative projects...following a design or your own....