Thursday, February 6, 2014

You're How Old?

Welcome back!  I have a birthday card to share today for the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary.  First, here is a look at the sketch.

I wasn't too sure about this sketch, so I brain stormed by looking at Designer Series Papers.  I ended up choosing Birthday Basics since I needed a birthday card for later in the week.

I decided on the candle paper, so I chose the card base and other accents colors from there.  The card base is Bermuda Bay with a layer of Blushing Bride under the candle paper.  I put a thin strip of Blushing Bride diagonally as the sketch showed then added the main focal point.
I layered Very Vanilla over Bermuda Bay then the sentiment was directly stamped on the Vanilla.  I almost stamped it to cut out and pop up, but with the banners on the left, I felt keeping it direct to paper was the way to go.  The banners are a piece of Raspberry Ripple and balloon paper.  The flowers were added in lastly to add a little extra color and dimension.

This card sketch was a great one to work with, I hope you'll join me in the fun! Click HERE to see more great samples and learn how to play along.  Then come back tomorrow for a fun Easter treat that I have to share with you featuring Eggstra Spectacular.  It is Week 3 of the Spring Collection at Create with Connie and Mary and I am sharing my card set this Friday which also features Eggstra Spectacular.
I am having so much fun creating for this collection and also enjoying the projects the other team members have designed.  It's not to late to see these fabulous projects for yourself.  You can subscribe today and still access all that we have to offer.  Check out Create with Connie and Mary for all the details.

See you tomorrow!  Happy Stamping!


Spring Collection runs January 19th through February 15th!
 Only $29.95 US


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



6 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful colors! I really like how the prints of the dsp all work together so nicely! And those little flower accents are so sweet!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Very nice elements you used for your birthday card. Cute banner with the balloons to go with the birthday bubble sentiment!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the bright colors! I can see me sending something like this to one of my girlfriends...we're all turning 50 and nobody likes to have that rubbed in! But with this type of a saying...you can tease them without the guilt!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the colour scheme of your card Lisa and the flower accents really add to the overall finish. Lisa's comment above also made me smile - so true!

Margaret Raburn said...

Absolutely adorable, Nicole!! Love the Birthday Basics dsp and the use of this Word Bubble is just perfecto with it! Too cute!

Melissa Davies said...

This is just an all-around fun birthday card! I love the little flowers - they add a feminine touch!