Sunday, March 2, 2014

Scallop Tag Closure Card

By now you have probably seen the really cool cards with the closures made with the new Scallop Tag Topper Punch.  I think it's a fabulous idea and made one of my own!

This card combines the Hardwood background stamp with the Petite Petals Bundle.  They are a PERFECT match!!  The Petite Petal flowers are so fun to stamp and punch, I kind of over did it and now I have a small container full of extra flowers!

The card base is Crumb Cake with a layer of Whisper White inside.


The left panel has a layer of Crumb Cake stamped with Soft Suede and the Hardwood stamp.  I didn't want to stamp the wood background directly to the card since there is a tag on the side, the panel looks much more finished this way.

The flowers are stamped with Elegant Eggplant on both Whisper White and Wisteria Wonder.  I rounded the flowers using my stylus and paper piercing mat to give dimension.  I love the pearls in the center, really makes them come to life!  I also added in small Elegant Eggplant flowers using the Itty Bitty Punch Pack and leaves from the Bird Builder Punch.

This sytle of card is so fun, I hope you'll give it a try! Thanks for visiting today.  Check back tomorrow for the next Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge, it's a good one!

Happy Stamping!




Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


6 comments:

Stamping T! said...

So lovely Nicole!
T

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!

Nana said...

Love the card! Now I just need to figure out how to do it. I'm ordering the punch...need directions! :)

Cherie said...

Oh my! This is so gorgeous! TFS!

Rubber Room Ramblings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Definitely going to CASE this idea. Thank you so much for sharing and the inspiration!

Betty said...

Beautiful card. I love it!