Monday, April 14, 2014

Coastal Cabana Dahlias

It's Monday and time for this week's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  Mary Jo has a great sketch for this week, check it out.


I needed a birthday card and this sketch turned out to be the perfect inspiration.

The fun doily portion of the sketch is what inspired the stamp set and design of this card.  I immediately thought of the dahlia in Regarding Dahlias.  This is such a gorgeous stamp set and can be used in so many ways!

The card was very simple to put together.  The card base is Whisper White with a Coastal Cabana dahlia stamped towards the bottom.

Next I stamped a Coastal Cabana dahlia on Coastal Cabana cardstock.  The birthday sentiment was layered on and Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon added.  To make the sentiment bolder, I used Early Espresso ink on Baked Brown Sugar cardstock.   I love the simple yet dramatic look of the bold greeting against the flowers.

The final detail was a few Gold Sequins added to the top right corner.

This is such a wonderful sketch, I hope you will join along!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great cards from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



2 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

I saw your card on TechnoStamper and had to come have a closer look! I love the color combo and that is a fabulous stamp! xx
Ema
EMA-gination ~ my personal blog

MJ said...

Nicole your card is just stunning! I love how you carried the image down below in the different tone. Beautiful. Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team.