Thursday, April 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie!

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week is a color challenge, take a look.

I was so happy to see the color challenge this week, these colors are perfect for the new Sweetie Pie Photopolymer stamp set.

Isn't this too cute!!  As soon as this set was released, I knew I had to have it!  I have an 8 year old daughter and this is just perfect for making cards for her.

The card is simple and sweet.  I used Daffodil Delight for the card base.  I added Whisper White with a layer of Gumball Green for a pop of color.

The frame and face were stamped first with Black StazOn.  I also stamped the frame on a piece of Tangerine Tango DSP from the Brights DSP Stack and paper pieced the frame.

The little girl is colored with a blender pen and inks, I kept her very simple.  I kind of wish I had added a flower in her hair, but she still looks cute!

The sentiment is from Four You, stamped with Black StazOn.  I added a little flourish in Gumball Green below it to add a touch of color.


I hope you will join me for this week's sketch challenge.  Be sure to check out all the inspiration from the Design Team over at Create with Connie and Mary.

There is also more inspiration from the new Card "Create"tions Collection.   We are in Week Two  now, but don't worry....you can still subscribe and see all the wonderful designs!  What is the collection about?  Well, lots of cards!!  We have loads of ideas for you, here's the details.....



  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 
  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions session runs from March 30 thru April 19!


I hope you'll join us for this amazing collection, we love to inspire you!


Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

Deb said...

Very cute and sweet! I love your paper pieced frame! Such a great CAS card!

Lisa Martz said...

Just got this stamp set so I could have some fun making cards. What a cute card! Love it!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a darling little card! I love that you created your own flourish. It coordinates perfectly with the style of the stamp!

Margaret Raburn said...

How sweet is this! I love the way you paper-pieced the frame and the hand-drawn flourish! I'm sure your daughter will love helping you make cards with this stamp set! Fun!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your cutie-pie card Nicole - so wish we could get these photopolymer stamps in the UK!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO fun...now I HAVE to have that set! Darling! Great job with the color challenge.

Melissa Davies said...

Awe...so sweet! I didn't think I would need the frames but I am clearly wrong! Just adorable!