Friday, April 11, 2014

Hooray for Soccer

It is hard to believe that we are coming to the end of Week 2 of the Card "Create"tions Collection.  Today my card set made with Great Sport is posted and I just love how it turned out!  The cards are exclusive to subscribers and there is still plenty of time to join in the fun!  You can find out all the details at Create with Connie and Mary.  I hope you will join us!

Now on to a fun card I made to share with you that is also made with Great Sport.

Isn't this soccer card bold and fun!  I love the Honeycomb Embossing Folder, makes a great soccer ball background.  My husband was a soccer player and my kids love it too, so the soccer ball is the first stamp I go to in this set.  I layered Real Red and Pacific Point for the card base to add a pop of color.  Whisper White was embossed with the Honeycomb EF for the background.  To make the soccer ball look, I embossed a piece of Basic Black and cut out the hexagons to glue onto the white.

The focal point is several layers.  I first stamped the flourish on Whisper White with Pacific Point.  I stamped the stars in Real Red and cut them out to glue over the blue stars.  This added another nice pop of color.  The soccer ball was stamped with Black StazOn and cut by hand.  Normally I would use the 1 3/8" Circle Punch, but instead I used it for a Real Red circle to layer perfectly behind the ball.

The entire focal point is die cut using the largest Apothecary Accents Framelit.  To make it stand out, I hand cut a Real Red matting for it.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!  It's perfect for a soccer fan!  To see more Great Sport cards,  you can subscribe to the Card "Create"tions Collection.  It's more than just this one card set, it's 3 weeks of card sets for a total of 18 sets!!!  Here's the details.



  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 
  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions session runs from March 30 thru April 19!


I hope you'll join us for this amazing collection, we love to inspire you!


Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Love your card Nicole! My niece is a BIG soccer player. This will be a perfect birthday card for her. Thank you!