Thursday, April 17, 2014

Make a Wish Sweetie Pie!

Wow...Thursday is here already...this week has just flown by!  Today I have a fun birthday card for the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have a great sketch to work with, take a look.

I have been obsessed with the new Sweetie Pie stamps, so naturally I planned my card around them.


I have been trying to make girl birthday cards for the bookstore, so this Sweetie Pie set is just perfect!  This card was quick to make for a sweet little girl.

The Island Indigo card base has a second layer of embossed Island Indigo added.  I used the Scallops EF, perfect for a girly card.

Birthday Basics DSP makes up the base of the main design.  I cut three 1 3/8" squares and added them to the card with dimensionals.

The sentiment from Sweet Essentials is stamped with Early Espresso on Primrose Petal cardstock.  To make the banner, I used my Hexagon punch to snip off one of the ends.

The girl is stamped with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and colored with a blender pen and inks.  I cut her out and added her to a 1 3/8" Raspberry Ripple circle.

The girl was adhered to the banner then the entire banner was adhered to the squares with dimensionals.

This sketch was so much fun, I can see lots of different variations of paper with the same stamps and design.  I hope you will join me in the fun and stamp your own card!  Go to Create with Connie and Mary for all the challenge details plus more great card samples.

AND...don't forget that this is the last week of the Card "Create"tions Collection.  We have so many great ideas to share and there is still plenty of time to enjoy them!

  • 3 weeks of FABULOUS card ideas - 18 different sets (not including our two Preview sets). 
  • Each SET is presented with 4 cards...for a total of 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas NOT SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Each Saturday we will each do a small favor as a bonus item using the same set we use during the week.   These WILL be displayed publicly but only subscribers will see the cards!
  • Featuring designers:  Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier, Nicole Tugrul, Connie Babbert, and Mary Brown
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions session runs from March 30 thru April 19!


I hope you'll join us for this amazing collection, we love to inspire you!


Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



5 comments:

Deb said...

You have done so many cute projects with this stamp set! And I love how you used it here! Love it!

Margaret Raburn said...

Another cute and colorful card with this set! Love the colors and scallop texture you used to create a card for girls! Happy Easter, Nicole!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Adorable! You are really rocking this set. Love the scalloped background - very girly!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I've been playing around with this stamp set all week. How fun and your card is adorable!

Lisa Martz said...

Love what you have been doing with the Sweetie Pie set! This is such a great card! I think the little girls in this set are ageless really...who wouldn't love this whimsical card?