Monday, April 21, 2014

Such an Amazing Mother

It's Monday and time for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  Let's look at Mary Jo's sketch for the week.

I am working on Mother's Day cards this week, so here's what I did.

When I saw Mary Jo's sketch, the first thing I thought of was the Watercolor Wonder DSP as the background.  So I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight.

The card base is Calypso Coral with Watercolor Wonder DSP layered on in triangles to give a split design.

The focal point is made of of several layers: Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight then Whisper White.  I stamped a dahlia with Crisp Cantaloupe so the sentiment in Calypso Coral would stand out.

The sentiment is done in two segments.  The first part is stamped directly below the dahlia.  The second is the banner underneath.  On a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe "Mother" was stamped with Calypso Coral.  I used the Hexagon punch to make the banner end and I added it below the focal point with dimensionals.  The final touch was a flower made with the Petite Petals punch.


This is such a wonderful sketch, I hope you will join along!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great cards from the Design Team.


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!   Happy stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



2 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Such a sweet card! Love how you created your Watercolor Wonder DSP frame!

MJ said...

That is stunning, the colors are wonderful and just pop of the screen. Beautifully done. Thanks for being on the TSSC team--you rock it each week.