Thursday, May 1, 2014

Regarding Dahlias for CCMC301

It's Thursday and time for the new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have a fabulous sketch challenge, take a look.


This is such a great sketch, so many ideas went through my head.  I originally planned on using Fine Feathers and So Sorry, but they are already sold out and I didn't want to tease you!

I ended up using the same colors that I planned, but went with two other stamp sets, Regarding Dahlias and Trust God.

I love Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana together, so beautiful!  I also mixed in a little bit of Island Indigo for a deeper tone.

The card base is Coastal Cabana with dahlias stamped tone on tone.  Bermuda Bay cardstock and the window sheet from Quatrefancy DSP make up the left panel of the design.

The focal point is my favorite part of the card.  A dahlia is stamped with Coastal Cabana on Whisper White cardstock.  I die cut the flower with blank space on the left to add the sentiment with Island Indigo ink.  A slender matting of Island Indigo was hand cut to add just a touch of color to allow the focal point to stand out from the background.

The final touch is a grouping of flowers below the sentiment.  The largest flower was made with the Petite Petals Punch and Pool Party Cardstock.  I added an Island Indigo flower in the center with a pearl.  Two small Island Indigo flowers next to the large one have pearls also.


I am really happy with this card, especially since I had to change my original plan!  Now it's your turn, grab some stamps and make a card with us this week.  You can find all the challenge details plus more great card samples at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

getcraftywithlisa said...

Nicole, you are so talented!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! I really like the colors and your choice to use the window sheet paper from the mosaic paper. Great card!

Deb said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love the colors you used! They work beautifully together! And they way you used the window sheet is brilliant!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Outstanding! The color combination and the design is absolutely lovely!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I still have not cut into my window sheet, you are so brave! Love how you used the flower image for the background and your focal image!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the colors you've chosen to use.. they look wonderful together! Great use of the window sheet! Stunning!

Melissa Davies said...

These are two of my favorite color combinations, too! I love the window sheet and the addition of the little flowers!