Thursday, June 26, 2014

Bright Birthday Wishes

I don't know about you, but for me this week has flown by!  There has been lots of excitement going on since it's the first week of the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014.  I hope you have subscribed, the projects so far are amazing!  And speaking of Create with Connie and Mary, today we have a new sketch for the Thursday Challenge.

Since my project for the first week of the Summer Collection 2014 features Age Awareness, I used that set for my card today.

Now you can see why I titled today's post "Bright Birthday Wishes"!  I went with very bold and bright colors based off of the new Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper.  The scallops on the side of the Tempting Turquoise is actually one of the Sweet Taffy designs.  It was the inspiration for the whole card!  I used paper snips to cut along the scallop edge and adhered it to the back of the polka dot paper.   The Melon Mambo banner is stamped with the swirly stamp from Age Awareness to make it stand out against the large polka dots.

Here's my list of supplies:

Stamps:  Age Awareness, Something to Say

Paper:  Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White

Ink:  Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories:  Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Banner Framelits, Decorative Label Punch, Rhinestone Gems

Now it's your turn!  I had such a great time creating today's card, why not join in the fun?!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.   You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.  While you are there, why not subscribe to the Summer Collection 2014 if you haven't already, it's not too late!  We have tons of amazing projects for you, all featuring NEW PRODUCTS!



Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


6 comments:

Deb said...

This is a super fun birthday card! Love the bright fun colors and the large polka dots!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Perfect colors for a birthday! I have always been a fan of Tempting Turquoise :) Love the big polka dots and stars. Cute, cute!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! So bright and cheerful and great for anyone!

Margaret Raburn said...

Such a bright and fun color scheme... it looks like a CELEBRATION! Love the different textures you used and how great they look together!

Connie Babbert said...

What a cheerful birthday card! Love the bright colors and sprinkle of stars! Great take on the sketch challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

I can't believe you hand-cut all of those scallops! It is such a fun birthday card!