Thursday, June 19, 2014

You Are My Sunshine and a BLOG HOP!

It's Thursday and boy is this week flying by!  Another exciting day during Preview Week for the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014.  Today we are doing a BLOG HOP for the Thursday Challenge...how fun!

If you are just now joining in, follow the links to get to each of the blogs.  For those of you already following, you should have just been at Melissa Davies' awesome blog.

Now, let's take a look at the colors for this week's challenge.

What great bold colors for summertime!  So, what better set to use than a summery set like Ray of Sunshine.

I went with a flip card, the sun fits perfectly in the Circle Flip Thinlet!

I haven't used my flip thinlets in awhile, I forgot how cool they are to work with!  To start out, I used Bermuda Bay as my base, perfect for a sky background!  I added in another layer of Bermuda Bay that I embossed with the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  It made me think of sun rays..how perfect!

I used a full half sheet of card stock so my flip card would have the extra flap for writing on.  I added the embossed stripes in the center of the card, but went with Whisper White for the side flap.

The sun for the front of the card was so fun to put together.  Real Red and Crushed Curry go beautifully together...perfect for this sun!  The face was stamped on Crushed Curry and punched with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  Next, I stamped the striped sun rays on Crushed Curry and punched them out with the Banner Punch.  I also punched red banners that I tucked in behind the stamped ones.  I did have to trim down my banners a little so the sun would fit in the center and let the card open properly.


I used the same colors, Real Red on Crushed Curry to do the sentiment on the inside circle.  Lastly, I added in small stars with Rhinestones colored with Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.  They are sprinkled around the card and go perfectly with the sunshine design.


 I hope you have enjoyed my sunshine card!  Now, just head over to Debbie Henderson's Blog to see her wonderful card.

 http://www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/create-with-connie-mary-308-and-blog-hop.html

I hope you will join the Color Challenge with us!  Just go to Create with Connie and Mary for all the details.  While you are there, why not subscribe to the Summer Collection 2014?  We have so many amazing projects in store for you and all made with NEW products!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


15 comments:

Carol Parcell said...

Oh this card is so cute! Got to be one of the cutest cards I have seen using this set!

Claire Ventre said...

Absolutely love it! Can't wait to try it!!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! My favorite colors and the sunshine! Perfect card, Nicole! XX

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a fabulous card! I love the sentiments and how you incorporated it all into a flip card.

CarlavdM said...

Well the sun is popping up between the clouds here, so I'm enjoying your shunshine card very much.
Like the whole look of your card.

Wendie Waldman said...

What a great card. Love your choice of colors.

Deb said...

This is awesome!! Love the flip card with the sun stamps! That is so creative!!

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun card! Love it!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your sun is so cool with the stripes. Cute card!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your card is absolutely adorable! Love this set and how you fit it onto the flip card.. perfect idea!! The red and curry worked great for the sun! Great Card and inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a perfect card to bring sunshine and bright cheer to someone's day. I really like your choice of colors. Thank you for sharing.

Natasha Zandbergen said...

This set works perfectly with the flip card! Great idea!

Connie Babbert said...

What a fun card...love that you used the circle card thinlet with the sun! Great job with the challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your card Nicole - reminded me I should get my thinlit card Framelit out too as it hasn't been used in a while. Love the sun, but most of all the sentiment.

Melissa Davies said...

Love the surprise of the little stars throughout the card! So cheery!