Thursday, July 10, 2014

More Cupcakes!

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have a fun sketch, take a look.

I made yet another cupcake card, I just can't put this set down!! 

The Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper is just perfect for birthday cards and cupcakes!  I combined two of the designs in my very bright card.  The card base has a layer of Tempting Turquoise scallops and the starburst is a fun yellow striped design.


To bring in even more color, I added Melon Mambo....it goes beautifully with Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise.  I made the sentiment on the side bold with all Melon Mambo and the one under the cupcake more subtle with all Daffodil Delight. 


The cupcake itself is a fun combination of polka dots and swirls.  The last little touch is an In Color Sequin star with a rhinestone in the center.  For a little extra pizzaz, the rhinestone is colored Daffodil Delight with the darkest Blendabilities marker.

Now it's your turn!  I had such a great time creating today's card, why not join in the fun?!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.   You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.  While you are there, why not subscribe to the Summer Collection 2014 if you haven't already, it's not too late!  We have tons of amazing projects for you, all featuring NEW PRODUCTS!





Thanks so much for visiting!  Happy Stamping!!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin








5 comments:

Deb said...

What a super fun card! Love that dsp and how you put the sentiment on the banners!

Margaret Raburn said...

Oh My!!! This whole creation looks scrumptious and good enough to eat! lol!! Love your bright colors and the cupcake is just too cute! Great job on the sketch!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The little sequin on the cupcake is so cute and loving the DSP patterns you used to coordinate!

Lisa Martz said...

Bright, cheerful and fun! I really like the colors...this would make anyone happy on their birthday!

Connie Babbert said...

The Sweet Taffy DSP just has to make you smile...so colorful and cheerful! You are definitely making me want that stamp set! Cute card and great job with the sketch this week!