Thursday, August 7, 2014

Birthday Cupcake for CCMC315

It's been a crazy week and I'm glad to be back to sharing today!  My little ones have been sick but are on the mend.  Today's card is for the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary.  Here is a look at the sketch.

Isn't this a fun one!  I needed to make my Mom a card for her 65th birthday and this sketch was just perfect!

I went back to my favorite set for birthdays, Cupcake Party.  I started out with a Coastal Cabana card base and added a layer of Whisper White.  The scallop stamp from Boutique Borders worked beautifully with the sketch, so I stamped it with Coastal Cabana on the Whisper White.

Next, the focal point was created using the Cupcake Builder Punch and Cupcake Party.  The banner was done first from Strawberry Slush cardstock.  I made the banner end with my Hexagon Punch and then stamped "party, party, party".  To make the cupcake stand out more, I die cut a starburst from Coastal Cabana and added it to the banner with SNAIL.  This card has to go through the mail, so I didn't want to use too many dimensionals.  The cupcake base is stamped with Strawberry Slush and the frosting is tone on tone in Baked Brown Sugar.  It did use a dimensional for the frosting, I just think it looks better that way!

The last element is the In Color Sequin stars.  I love these little guys, they always make the cards happier!

So that's it!  I stamped a huge happy birthday inside the card and got it in the mail in time for my  Mom's birthday on Friday.

Now it's your turn!  Pull out your stamps and paper and join the challenge with me.  You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.



Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




7 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Very creative Nicole how you used the border stamp for the background. I was a little stumped with all those little pieces!

Lisa Martz said...

Love how you used the scallops as the "stripes" on the sketch. What a fun card for a party!

Deb said...

Love your background of scallops! And your cupcake looks so yummy!! Great card to go through the mail!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What an unusual use for the border stamp to create your background - very clever!

Margaret Raburn said...

How creative to use the scallops stamp for your background vertical element! Love how that looks, and your cupcake looks so yummy! Great card for your mom!

Melissa Davies said...

What a fun birthday card! That cupcake looks good enough to eat!

Connie Babbert said...

Very clever to use the border stamp for the "strips" of DSP! LOVE that idea! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!