Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sophisticated Halloween Treat

Welcome back!  It's day 3 of Preview Week for Holiday Card "Create"tions and I have a treat to share!  I like to combine the old with the new, so that's what I've done today.

Now, the box isn't exactly old, it's from July's My Paper Pumpkin kit.  But, I haven't touched it since July and we have a brand new Holiday Catalog coming out, so it was already forgotten.  When I got the kit, I saw the Rich Razzleberry striped boxes and thought of Halloween immediately.  So, I decided to make a more grown-up sophisticated Halloween treat.

I put the box together and did a few quick embellishments to make a very chic Halloween treat with Ghirardelli chocolates.

To dress up the inside, I cut a strip of white tissue paper and added Rich Razzleberry stars with the star decorative mask.  I tucked the paper inside the box and stacked up the chocolates.  The tops of the tissue paper folded over to show stars when the boxes is opened.

The tag is stamped with a greeting from Ghoulish Greetings and a little bat from Freaky Friends.  I used a super cute clothespin from the main catalog to attach the tag to the cotton Rich Razzleberry ribbon.

I felt the clothespin should match the package, so I added a thin strip of Rich Razzleberry designer paper from the Brights Collection.  I even added a bit of magnetic sheet to the back of the clip so it could be used to clip up a small picture or business card. 

For a final touch, a couple of bats are attached to the box with a little piece of dimensional.  I am LOVING this box and feel like I need to make more!  I hope you love it too!  So, get out your new and old products and have fun stamping!


If you are looking for ideas for the new catalog, I have just the answer for you...the Holiday Card "Create"tions Collection!  It starts next week and there are lots of fabulous card ideas to be had.  Stop by Create with Connie and Mary to see all the details plus a link to a FREE TUTORIAL and BLOG CANDY!

See you back here tomorrow for the new Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  I have another preview card to share! Thanks for visiting and happy stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin