Monday, August 25, 2014

Trick or Treat

Today is all about Halloween cards and treats, so I made a super cute card with Freaky Friends for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  First, here's the sketch for this week.

And here's my card featuring the witch from Freaky Friends.

Ok, do you see why I love this set?  Isn't this just too cute?!  First of all, the Motley Monsters Designer Series paper is so fun and has a huge variety of patterns.  I picked this starburst pattern and thought it would be the perfect background for a witch.

I started out with a Basic Black Starburst.  Next layer is Whisper White.  Here I stamped the witch with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Blendabilities.  The darkest Coastal Cabana Blendabilities is dark enough to have a Bermuda Bay look, so it matched the card perfectly.  A blender pen with Hello Honey ink adds the yellow cast around the witch, like the moon is behind her.

The banners are my favorite part of the card.  First, I cut a toothpick in half.  Then I stamped the words separately and punched then with the Banner Punch.  I used a mini glue dot to attach them to the toothpick halves.  A dimensional behind each banner helped position them properly.  I added the "or" that I punched out with the old style 1/4" circle punch.  A mini glue dot fit perfectly and let me adhere it right in between the banners.  Lastly, I added a small bow with a mini glue dot.


The final few touches are a bat and glimmer stars.  I used the new Confetti Stars Punch for the small stars....Oh my....you really need this punch it is too awesome!

Speaking of awesome.....the Holiday catalog will go live on August 28th!  You will get to see all the amazing products that I have been showing you.  Until then, get creative and stamp with me!  Join the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge too!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details and more great samples from the Design Team.


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




3 comments:

getcraftywithlisa said...

I love everything you did, Nicole! Super cute!

Eveline said...

I found your card on Pinterest. I love it. And I sure like the way you made the little flags.
Eveline.

MJ said...

Oh my goodness, the trick or treat is so cute! I love the sparkly stars too. Another great card. Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team!