Monday, August 11, 2014

You're So Sweet!

I am back on track for this week with lots of cards to share!  This first card is for the sketch challenge from the Creative Challenge Club Blog.


This was an interesting sketch to work with.  I had to think about what I wanted to do for the focal point, I didn't want to copy the sketch exactly.  Here's what I came up with.

I went with Mossy Meadow and accents of Strawberry Slush for my colors.  The Strawberry Slush really pops against the darker Mossy Meadow.   The Woodgrain Embossing Folder adds a little texture, I love the subtle but beautiful look.  Goes great with the floral theme!

In place of using Designer Series Paper on the circle, I went with the dahlia from Regarding Dahlias.  This is a go to set when I need a good flower!  Pistachio Pudding is a perfect compliment to the Mossy Meadow background, so I die cut a circle and stamped the dahlia.   I did stamp off once to make the flower a bit lighter, I wanted the sentiment to really stand out.  The last little touch was a flower in Strawberry Slush with a pearl in the center.

This design would work great with any sentiment, you could even change up the colors!  Now it's your turn!  I hope you will join our challenge this week.  Just go to the Creative Challenge Club Blog for all the details and to see more fabulous card samples!

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



No comments: