Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Take Out Box Blog Hop!

Today is a super fun day.....we are doing a BLOG HOP for the Holiday Card "Create"tions!

Each Saturday during the collection we are doing a blog hop showcasing a fun 3D item to go along with our card set for the week.  This week we are featuring the new TAKE OUT BOXES from the Holiday Catalog.  You should be coming from Melissa's fabulous blog, if not be sure to go back and check out her amazing creation!

Freaky Friends was my card set this week, so I did a fun box to match featuring Motley Monsters Designer Series Paper.

Isn't this too cute!!  I simply LOVE this designer paper.  The polka dot is one of my favorite designs in this set, so colorful!  I covered all four sides of the box then added little monsters to the two larger sides.  The monsters weren't stamped.....they are cut out from the designer paper!  Another great reason to love this paper!!

On the back side, I added another cute monster cut from the designer paper.  Like the first one, he has a starburst behind him and "om nom nom" on a banner next to him.  Too cute!  Let's move on to a closer look at the top.

To finish off the box, I added the new White and Tangerine Tango Two-Tone Trim and a tag.

I love this tag!  It was simple to put together, but is so fun!  I die cut a black tag from the Chalk Talk Framelits then added a few simple embellishments.  I first stamped spooky eyes with White Craft ink.  Next, I added a Bermuda Bay starburst to match the sides of the box.  A sentiment from Ghoulish Greetings was stamped on Tangerine Tango with Staz On Black and die cut with a banner from the Circle Flip Card Framelits.  Last little touch was a couple of bats cut from the designer paper and added with dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed this fun project!  I love making treats, Stampin' Up! makes it so easy to coordinate everything.  Now, head on over to the next stop, Debbie Henderson, and check out her wonderful creation!

www.debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for visiting!   Have fun hopping today!  Be sure to stop by Create with Connie and Mary for more information about subscribing, it's not too late!!





Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



5 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a sweet way to decorate your box Nicole. Loving the eyeballs on your black tag!

Connie Babbert said...

So cute...just bought those cute little monsters because of you! Love that you decorated the side! Great job with the Take Out Box challenge!

Unknown said...

So cute. Can't wait to decorate my boxes.

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, your box is just so fun and cute! Love how you made the most of this DSP by cutting out a couple of the monsters! Very cute and clever! Darling!

Deb said...

Super cute way to decorate the box! Love your panels! That is such a great idea! And those monsters are just too cute!