Thursday, September 11, 2014

Santa Stache for CCMC320

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week we have a fun color challenge with Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzaz and Smokey Slate.

I made a simple card using Santa Stache and Endless Wishes.  I know these colors are not typical for Christmas, but I think made it work....what do you think?


I think Santa looks good in Smokey Slate!  I kept him clean and simple, no coloring this time.  The card began with a Lost Lagoon ready cut card base and a layer of Pear Pizzaz.  Next was Whisper White with all the stamping.

I first stamped Santa then added in snowflakes from Endless Wishes.  I stamped off once with Pear Pizzaz so the snowflakes wouldn't be too dark.  The super cute sentiment was added to the bottom in Lost Lagoon.  To add a little sparkle, I placed a small rhinestone in the center of each snowflake.

This was super easy to do, I love the simplicity of design.  I almost made the mustache 3D, but it just didn't look right.  So what do you think?  Does Santa look good in Smokey Slate??

What would you make with these colors?  Head on over to Create with Connie and Mary for all the details about the challenge plus more amazing samples from the Design Team.

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/ 

And don't forget about the Holiday Card "Create"tions Collection!  If you haven't become a subscriber yet, it's not too late!  We have AWESOME card tutorials for you to make your holidays run smooth!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Happy stamping!!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


5 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Super cute...I haven't inked up my set yet...but planning on making tags with it this year! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

At first I did not like this stamp set, but it is growing on me! Not sure about the sayings, but I love the images! This is a super simple and easy card. You could make a whole lot of these in no time!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

That Santa is cute enough to stand alone without coloring and I really like the simplicity of your card!

Deb said...

This stamp set just makes me smile! I love how you used it here! Too cute!

Melissa Davies said...

You did make simplicity work! The little rhinestones compliments his sweet smile!