Monday, September 29, 2014

Stars and Snowflakes!

I have another great Christmas card to share today.  This one is for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.

Ok...this looks like a really simple sketch, but I had to think about this one for awhile.  Should I use washi tape or ribbon?  Should I just stamp the design??  After pondering for a bit, I decided to go with lots of stamping.


I was a little unsure as I made this card, but I love the way it turned out!!  Since I have been neglecting the older In Colors, I went with Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana.  I love these two colors together, they look great on this Christmas card.

The sentiment is a combination of the "Merry" from Cheerful Tags and "christmas" from Endless Wishes.  I love how they look stamped in rows to fit the sketch.  To fill up the rest of the card, I stamped small snowflakes along the top and bottom and added stars to the center.  I love the look of the silver glimmer stars, I think they are my favorite part of the card!


I hope you will join in this week's sketch challenge and make a card of your own!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.



Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping! 


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

Jason Loucks said...

I love this! So creative Nicole. Thanks for sharing!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wow...it took some work to get those sentiments lined up so perfectly...fabulous card - love the snow flakes and glimmer stars - they are a perfect addition to fill in the white space!

MJ said...

I really really love this! I love words on an angle that was my thought when I did the sketch! Awesome colors and the whole design is perfect! Thanks so much for another fabulous sample for my sketch challenge this week!