Friday, October 10, 2014

All is Calm Christmas Treats

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a great week.  Today is day 6 of the Holiday Collection preview for Create with Connie and Mary.


Before I get to my treats, I want to give you a link to check out.  Debbie and Natasha have cards to share plus BLOG CANDY so be sure to head over to Create with Connie and Mary for more details!

Now, on to the super cute treats I have for you today.  I got this idea from Sam at Pootles.  She made a great video on how to make these cute little candy holders.  They are easy to make and quick too!  So I gave it a go and made a set of three to share with you.

Now how is that for cute and sparkly to boot!   Each box is made with a 4" x 4" piece of paper....that's it!  Just add some embellishments and candy and you're done!

The first box I made uses a piece of the Smokey Slate design.  I LOVE this paper, it's just gorgeous!  I kept the embellishments simple with silver glimmer stars and silver sequins.  A bit of silver ribbon is at the top and a small clothespin to hold the box closed.

Box 2 is a Lost Lagoon design and it is embellished with silver glimmer stars as well.  It also has the silver ribbon and clothespin.  I kept it very simple since the pattern is pretty bold.

For box 3 I did something different.  I die cut a silver glimmer snowflake using the large snowflake from the Snowflake Flip Thinlet.  To keep it from blending into the paper, I added a sentiment from Letterpress Winter.  The ribbon on this box is the yummy Lost Lagoon Taffeta from the Holiday Catalog.  The color is so rich and beautiful, definitely a must have for your projects.
Each box has 4 hershey kisses inside.  They fit just right!  I think this would be a great little gift for someone packaged together as a set.  I'm sure there are other candies you could put in there as well.  If you are feeling ambitious, you could make 25 of these little guys for a super cute advent calender.

Well, thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed today's treat idea!  A big thank you to Pootles for the wonderful idea!

Be sure to check back tomorrow.  I will have another holiday idea for you plus a link for the last day of preview week from Create with Connie and Mary.

Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



1 comment:

Pootles said...

These are gorgeous! And don't they look like they'll never fit more than 2 kisses in. proper little hidden gems!!!

Sam x