Thursday, October 2, 2014

Letterpress Winter for CCMC323

I know that it's October, but I have a snowflake card to share today.  I saw this card in my head clear as day after looking at the sketch for this week's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge.

I just got the the Letterpress Winter stamp set (awesome!!) and was anxious to put ink on it!

Now this is one of those cards that looks so much better in person.  The picture came out good, but in person the card looks amazing.  What makes it so spectacular (for me anyway!) is the Silver Foil banner embossed with snowflakes.

Here's a better look at the elements.  The first banner is the embossed silver foil (love it!) then comes the second banner .  This one is the foil embossed specialty paper from the All is Calm Designer Paper.  To top off the banners is the gorgeous snowflake stamped Soft Sky with Lost Lagoon ink.  I fussy cut the snowflake and adhered it with dimensionals.  Rhinestones around the snowflake add a finishing touch.

Since there is a lot going on with this card, I kept the sentiment simple.  It's stamped directly on the background designer paper underneath the snowflake.  I wanted a bold font, so I used a sentiment from Cheerful Tags.

All in all, I am quite happy with how the card turned out.  It went together quickly since I was inspired by the beautiful snowflake.  Now it's your turn!  I hope you are inspired to join us!!  You can find more about the challenge plus fabulous samples from the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.

While you are there, check out the details about the upcoming Holiday Collection.  Preview week starts Sunday and you won't want to miss it!

Thanks for visiting!! Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



8 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Love the silver bling on here with the All is Calm DSP! Gorgeous card! Wonderful job with the sketch challenge this week!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Gorgeous! I love the sparkle and bling and that snowflake is beautiful. Your card is a lovely combination of texture and pattern!

Carol Carriveau said...

Lovely card....very pretty colors and lots of texture. Love our metalic papers!

Deb said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the embossed silver piece! And the snowflake is perfect!

Lisa Martz said...

I love all the silver in the paper! Love the swirly/twirly lines of the snowflakes and DSP choices. Very pretty!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such a rich & elegant looking card Nicole!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, your card is beautiful and like you said, photos don't do all the shimmer and sparkle justice! Your fussy-cut snowflake is gorgeous..you are a patient person to do that! : ) Love everything about it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card Nicole! I used the same DSP for my card this week yet my card looks totally different - love it when that happens!