Monday, October 6, 2014

Lots of Silver for TSSC335

Now for the second card I promised today.  This one is for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  Here's Mary Jo's sketch for this week.

For this sketch, I went back to Christmas and used Letterpress Winter with All is Calm Designer Paper.

The card you see is quite a bit different than what I originally planned.  When I saw the layout, I though the pretty rectangular scroll frame would be perfect for this, but I just couldn't get it to look right.  So, I went with embossed silver foil paper and LOVE the way it turned out!

The card base of Lost Lagoon has two layers of All is Calm paper.  Over top is the layer of silver foil paper embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.

Once the foil was in place, the last few elements were added.  The sentiment from Letterpress Winter was stamped on Soft Sky with Lost Lagoon ink.  It was punched out with a 1" circle punch and layered on a 1 1/4" circle of Silver Glimmer paper.  A bow with Silver 1/8" ribbon and a few silver sequins completes the card.

I really love the look of embossed silver foil paper, it's so amazingly beautiful!  And along with the other silver elements that Stampin' Up! has to offer, you can make some really gorgeous Christmas cards!

Now it's your turn to make a card!  Join the challenge with us!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Don't forget, we are in Preview week for the Holiday Collection and Mary from Stamper Camper has a FREE tutorial and BLOG CANDY so be sure to check it out!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping! 

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

MJ said...

Wow that embossed folder with the glitter paper and silver ribbon make for a super amazing card! Love it. Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team!

Kim Innis said...

Love it! I wasn't going to get Letterpress Winter until I saw this card! TFS!

Holly said...

Absolutely beautiful