Monday, October 27, 2014

White Christmas for TSSC338

I'm back for card number two!  This one is for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge from Technostamper.  Per ususal, Mary Jo has an awesome sketch for us.

I usually don't make square cards, I adapt the sketch to a standard size.  But this time, I went ahead and used the square design to create a beautiful frosty winter scene card with White Christmas.

Is this the perfect winter scene or what?!  Like I said earlier...I love this sweet little bear.  So for this scene, I had him standing on the hill looking up at a Christmas cardinal.

The card base is Pool Party with a square of All is Calm Designer paper in the center.  I also added in Lost Lagoon Taffeta ribbon (so yummy!) and Silver Glimmer paper.  These frosty elements set up the focal point beautifully.  The snow seems real with the Dazzling Details shimmering along the hill.  The bear is stamped separately and added to the card with a small bit of dimensional.  He looks more realistic when standing on the snow with a shadow below him.  The trees and cardinal are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Blendabilities.  There is a hint of blue in the sky made by Soft Sky re-inker and alcohol in a spritzer.  The sky color was actually added in first, I simply masked off the hill with a post it and spritzed the color on.

I loved this card so much, I ended up making two with different designs of the All is Calm paper.

Well, I hope you are feeling inspired to make a card and join us!  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.



Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping! 


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

MJ said...

Crazy how close our cards are this week! Obviously I love it! You know what they say about great minds, lol! Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team!