Thursday, January 1, 2015

Lots of Hearts!

Happy New Year!!  It's hard to believe that we are in 2015 already, the last 6 months have literally flown by!  I have a Valentine to share with you today for the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Here's the colors for this week.


I did a Valentine for my card, and I only used one stamp on the whole card!! Check it out!


Isn't this fun?!  I have been seeing the Bokeh technique all over Pinterest, so I gave it a try.  I created  the special effect on a piece of Whisper White by sponging Calypso Coral and then adding lots of hearts in Calypso Coral and Real Red.  The heart decorative mask is perfect for this style.  I will be trying out the stars and polka dots next!  To finish the card, I adhered my bokeh paper to a Whisper White card base and then made a banner for my sentiment.  I die cut "LOVE" in Basic Black with the Little Letters thinlets and added "YOU" on a Calypso Coral heart.  I looked through my different sentiments and decided the Banner Blast set had the right size "YOU" for my card.

This was a very fun and fresh card!  I hope you have a little time this week to join the challenge with us.  You can find all the details plus more great samples at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for visiting!  Happy New Year and Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



8 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I thought you used some vellum paper I wasn't aware of! Love the bokeh technique and using hearts is brilliant! Awesome card, Nicole.
Happy New Year! I hope it is a wonderful one.

Lisa Martz said...

Neat technique! Will have to try it! Love the layout! Fun Valentine! Happy New Year!

Deb said...

I love this technique! What a cool effect! Love this idea for a simple valentine!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cool technique for your background! I really liked how you spelled out LOVE, too! Great job with the color challenge!

Carol Carriveau said...

Such a pretty card...have been reading about this technique and think I may get brave and give it a try...my new year challenge to myself...trying things that sort of make me nervous!

Margaret Raburn said...

Love all the different tones of color on your card.. that technique looks great! It's on my list to try; yours is SO pretty! Great card!

Melissa Davies said...

Perfect example of making a great card with limited products! Love your DIY pattern paper!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A great interpretation of this fun technique - very pretty!