Thursday, January 8, 2015

Monochromatic for CCMC337

Welcome!  It's Thursday so I have a card to share for the Thursday Challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  This week is a sketch challenge, take a look.

This is a really fun sketch, love the banners!  I did a standard sized card in place of a square using the set Big News.

I love these larger greeting stamps, they make card designing a breeze!  When I saw the shape of the focal point, I knew that the baby sentiment would be just right.

I decided on Bermuda Bay for my color and pulled out the Brights Collection Designer paper to choose a pattern.  The chevron design is perfect for the side of the card.  I also added a little detail to the card base by stamping stars from Something to Say.

My favorite part of the card is the Silver glimmer star and banners.  Congratulations was stamped on each then added to the card with dimensionals.  The smallest star framelit was the perfect size to fit over the banners without being overwhelming.


I hope today's card has inspired you to join us!!  You can find all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team at Create with Connie and Mary.

Thanks for visiting!! Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I like the way you added the glimmer star above your banners and the monochromatic color is pretty!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Adorable! What a great baby card and it could be duplicated so easily for either gender by switching out the colors. Love the little glimmer star!

Connie Babbert said...

Very fun! I love the greeting on the banners...and the monochromatic look! Great job with the sketch this week!

Deb said...

Such a fun card! Love the silver star and how the sentiment is the main focal point!

Margaret Raburn said...

This large stamp is perfect for this sketch! The star and color scheme is perfect for either gender! Lovely!

Melissa Davies said...

Great gender-neutral baby card! Love the little sparkle the star adds to the card!

Lisa Martz said...

Love this...and you can change the color if it is a girl! Great baby card!