Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Two cards for Try Stampin' on Tuesday

Welcome back!  I have two cards to share today for this week's sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  Before I get to  my cards, here's a look at the sketch.


This is such a great sketch, it can be used in soooo many ways!  I started out with one idea that morphed into another, so I ended up with two cards.


This first card was part of my original thought process.  I wanted to do the bokeh technique for the top part of the card, but the colors I used looked more like a baby card than the birthday card I had planned.  So, I went with the flow and created a baby card.  I layered a couple of stars then added a sentiment.

This second card is more of what I had envisioned.  I used the polka dots from Dotty Angels as my top layer in place of the bokeh technique.  The sentiment from Big News is nice and bold so this card works well all in Strawberry Slush.  I added just a touch of color with the silver ribbon and sequins.

Well, I hope you feel inspired to join us!  Just go to Try Stampin' on Tuesday for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Thanks for visiting!  Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


3 comments:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Cute cards, but my favorite is the baby card.

Vicky W said...

Both are lovely cards Cindee. Funny how we have something in our head & then go in a totally different direction. TFS

Vicky W said...

Sorry Nicole, I was reading Cindee's comment as I was typing....... Will teach me not to pay attention!