Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Butterfly Birthday

One of the things I love about stamping is the ability to customize.  When it comes to birthdays, I try to make my card match the gift bag or paper that I'm using.  Today I have a set that I made for a birthday last week that turned out amazing.

Doesn't the card look like it came with the bag!!  I was so tickled when hubby found this gorgeous bag because I knew immediately what to do for a matching card.

The Butterfly Basics Bundle matched the theme of the bag beautifully.  I used Basic Black and Very Vanilla along with the Typeset Designer Series Paper.  The card was very simple to make since it's just one color of ink, Memento Tuxedo Black.

I stamped off to make the leaves in the center of the card a bit lighter and more vintage looking.  It also helps the sentiment stand out better, especially since it overlaps a little.  A strip of the beautiful Typeset Designer Paper adds to the vintage feel and creates balance.  I used a little bit of retired taffeta ribbon, it adds that little extra something that was needed.

The butterfly was the icing on the cake.  I used Basic Black with a couple of small pearls and added it over the leaves.

In the end, I was super pleased with how this gift set turned out.  I hope you give the Butterfly Basics Bundle a try, it's so amazing!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


6 comments:

SherryBee said...

AWESOME!!!! Your card matches so good!!! Nice card! And, I love that your hubby found the bag!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!! Though most of your cards fit that description. Love the color combo. Very classic. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Maureen said...

Nicole,
You have out done yourself. This card is just beautiful! Love the colors and just love this Butterfly stamp set and thinlits.

Eileen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! What a match, just beautiful!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous, Nicole...dunno which I love better, the card or the bag!

Donna said...

This card is GORGEOUS, I LOVE IT! TFS!