Monday, February 16, 2015

Best Buds

It's Monday and time for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge!  Let's take a look at the fun sketch Mary Jo has for us today.

I love this clean and simple sketch!  I wanted a spring card to make me feel better...we are getting a bunch of snow here in Ohio so I needed something sunny and happy!


Isn't this fun!! You can't get much happier than this card!!  I took the Best Year Ever Designer Paper from Sale-a-bration and combined it with the super cute set From the Garden.

The card is pretty simple, just a little tedious as I had to fussy cut the flowers from the designer paper.  The card base is Soft Sky to which I added the spring scene on Whisper White.  The Pear Pizzaz grass is cut with the very awesome fringe scissors.  Before adding the grass to the card, I sponged a bit of Pear Pizzaz ink to the bottom to add a softer look.  I also did sponging on the top of the card with Soft Sky to make light clouds.  There is a Word Bubble framelit that makes perfect cloud shapes, so I used it as my stencil.

Once all of the sponging was done, the card came together quickly.  For my sentiment, I die cut a garden pick and added "best buds" and a few embellishments.  The bow is Calypso Coral ink on Crisp Cantaloupe paper which I just love!  Last detail was the banners in the top left corner.  I used another design of the Best Year Ever Designer Paper and added a Vintage Faceted Button with a Calyso Coral baker's twine bow.

I am super pleased with how lovely this card turned out, a bit of spring on a snowy day!  I hope you are feeling inspired and join the challenge with us this week.  Just go to Techno Stamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

MJ said...

This is just the cutest idea ever! I love the little tulips cut out. Such a fun and springy looking card. Love it!