Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hello, How are You?

Today I have another card to share that makes me think of Spring.  My inspiration is this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch challenge.  Here's a look at the great sketch we have to work with.


And here's a look at my card featuring the hostess set Because You Care.

Doesn't this card just scream SPRING to you??  It does for me!  What does it is the AWESOME Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper that is FREE in the Sale-a-bration catalog.  The embossed images magically appear when you add color and make for the most beautiful paper!

Here's a closer look at the focal point.  You can get a better look at the paper now and see that I sponged color on so it's not perfectly even all over.  There are lighter areas and darker areas which I think adds to the charm.   I used Blushing Bride and just applied the ink directly to the paper in a swirling motion with a small sponge wedge.  It goes on really easy and took no time to cover all of the panels. 

The focal point is the sentiment that has a lovely little frame around it.  That's what got my interest in this particular set, the frame can be used in so many ways!  I stamped it with Pear Pizzaz on Whisper White and die cut with the coordinating framelit from the Chalk Talk Framelit set.  The sentiment itself is stamped with Blushing Bride to match the background.  I added in some seam binding (retired color) and a few little flowers to complete the design.

These little flowers were easy to create and I think they really make the card pop.  They are made from the small flower stamp in Something to Say and punched out with the coordinating Itty Bitty Accents flower punch.  I added curl to the flowers with a stylus and Stampin' Pierce Mat then added a small pearl to the center of each.

I hope you enjoyed this little bit of Spring today!  I know it has made me smile :)  Now it's your turn, why not join in the challenge with me!  Just go to Try Stampin' on Tuesday for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.


Thanks so much for visiting!!  Happy Stamping!!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments: