Monday, February 23, 2015

Love is Kindness for TSSC355

Happy Monday!  I have a card to share today for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  Mary Jo has a great sketch for us as usual.  I hope you will join the challenge with us!  Also, please stop by to say Happy Birthday to Mary Jo, she turned 50 today!


I pondered this one a little, I didn't know if I wanted to do the same tag shape or something a little different.  I ended up using something different so I could use the really beautiful stamp Love is Kindness.

At first glance through the catalog I didn't really pay much attention to this stamp.  BUT....I started seeing all of the gorgeous cards that were being made so of course I had to get it!   I can now say if you don't have it, GET IT!  I had such a great time designing and coloring this card.  The image is perfect for the blendabilities and is full proof...you can't mess it up!

Here's the scoop on the design:

-Coastal Cabana card base, Gorgeous Grunge speckles  stamped all over in Coastal Cabana
-Strip of Typeset DSP along the left side
-Strip of Blushing Bride along the center, embossed with Happy Heart EF
-Strip of striped design washi tape from Stacked with Love Washi, added along bottom edge of Blushing Bride cardstock
 -Floral mage stamped on Very Vanilla cut from Apothecary Accents Framelit
-Image colored with blendabilities: Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi plus Soft Sky for outline
-Sentiment from Crazy About You added with a dimensional
-A few Bermuda Bay sequins scattered around

Once I knew where I was going with this one, it went really quick.  The coloring was fast since the image isn't too big.  One tip for you, I separated the sentiment from the flowers when I was putting my stamp together.  I simply put the sentiment on a small wood block of it's own.  It makes the stamp more versatile, I can use it without the sentiment very easily or add it in if I want.

OK....your turn now!  Just go to Techno Stamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


2 comments:

Betty said...

Love your card.

MJ said...

What a wonderful combination of colors on this. I love this image stamped on the die cut! Beautiful! Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team and sharing such beautiful cards each week!