Thursday, February 19, 2015

You Rock!

It's Thursday and I have a fun card for this week's sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  They have a great clean and simple sketch this week, take a look.

It didn't take long for me to figure out what I wanted to do with this one.  I have been wanting to use a specific design from the Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack and it was the perfect opportunity.

Isn't this fun!  I saw a 3x3 card awhile back on Pinterest that had this paper and "you rock" and thought it was too stinkin' cute!  When I saw the sketch this week I knew this was the perfect design for this idea.

This would be such a great card for a guy.  Best part is how quickly it can be thrown together, especially if you need a card last minute.

The card base is Smokey Slate with a layer of the rock design from Adventure Bound paper cut at an angle.  I added a strip of another design from the same set of paper to compliment the colors and give a nice clean finish to the card.

The sentiment was just as simple thanks to the photopolymer set Skinny Mini Alphabet.  I was able to stamp the words exactly where I wanted them and it turned out great on the first try!

Now it's your turn!  I hope you will join the challenge with me and create a card of your own.  Just go to Create with Connie and Mary for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Thanks so much for visiting!! Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

LOVE this! The paper combined with that sentiment is perfect. And I really love how you used the Alphabet stamp to personalize it.

Margaret Raburn said...

Your card is so clever and fun! Great idea to use the alphabet stamps to make your own statement! Love it!

Melissa Davies said...

WOW! It just doesn't get any easier than this! So clever! Great use of the designer paper pack - love it!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

You are so clever! What a great masculine card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Such a great card - simple, yet perfectly balanced and such a fun sentiment with that DSP!

Lisa Martz said...

Love it! Perfect manly card...or teen card! I see you let the DSP do the talking just as I did!

Deb said...

This is just too clever!! A great way to use that dsp! I love it!