Friday, March 20, 2015

A Beautiful Butterfly for CCMC347

Hi Stampers!  Today I've got a butterfly card to share using the sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Here's a look at their sketch for this week.

I had a couple of extra butterflies cut with the Butterfly Thinlets sitting on my desk, so I picked a Calypso Coral one and designed today's card around it.

This card came together so easily, I basically pulled things off my desk that were leftovers.  The card base is Calypso Coral to which I added a layer of Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper.  I wanted to the butterfly to stand out, so I kept the sentiment simple and stamped it on the bottom of the card.  I used Calypso Coral ink to stamp a sweet yet simple sentiment from Simply Wonderful in the Sale-a-bration catalog.

There was a circle of Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper in my pile of extras so I added it to the card.  It fit the sketch and helped to highlight the butterfly.  The butterfly was added with Tombow, I find that it's the best way to adhere something to glimmer paper.  I let it dry a bit while I placed rhinestones all around the card.  Final touch was rhinestones on the butterfly.  This card has a lot of glimmer and shine to it!

I love a fast yet beautiful card, how about you??  I am a saver for just that reason.  I save all of my extra cut outs or images that were stamped but not used.  They really come in handy for inspiration and making quick cards!

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Make sure you stop by tomorrow for the next Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  We are featuring another stamp set from the Sale-a-bration catalog.

Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the best cards come from scraps/items you haven't used! Nice card!

Jenny Engelke said...

Gosh, I really love this card! I love the DSP mixed with the scattered rhinestones....and then the glimmer circle plus the butterfly....it's all just spectacular! ♥

AB. said...

WOW - stunning card! It is great when inspiration springs forth via a random piece from your craft table! This is a fine example of why you should keep everything!! :)
Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. xx

Chris Slogar said...

That dazzling diamonds circle is a fantastic highlight for the butterfly - I love the effect! I love the cheerful and fresh colors, too. Great card! Thank you for playing along!

Anonymous said...

Nicole, you are one talented lady! I always love your work but this is stunning! Thanks for playing this week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the small details on here that make this a WOW card! Great job with the sketch this week, Nicole!

Mary Brown said...

And this is simply wonderful! I love the simply glimmer circle behind your butterfly and how it is repeated in the rhinestones. Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your card may be simple but it packs a lot of pizazz! The soft colors and brighter butterfly are so CAS and appealing! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the glitter and glimmer of your card - the glimmer circle behind the butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge!