Saturday, March 14, 2015

Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop: You Brighten My Day

Welcome to the Saturday Create with Connie and Mary Blog Hop!  During the month of March we are featuring Sale-a-bration sets and this week is all about You Brighten My Day.

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/

You should be arriving from Melissa Davies' fabulous blog Rubberfanatics.  I always love seeing what she comes up with, she's so clever!

The stamp set we are featuring, Your Brighten My Day, is very versatile with all of the fun stamps it features.  I chose the sweet little house and made a welcome to the neighborhood card. 

I love the colors in the Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper, so I used them for my color palette.

The card base is Pool Party with a second layer of Pool Party embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder.  A strip of the tulip design from the Best Year Ever designer paper gives me a place to build my focal point.  I wanted to keep it simple, so I die cut a circle of Sahara Sand and stamped a couple of houses then added a third house with dimensionals.  There wasn't a stamp that said what I needed, so I used the Alphabet Rotary Stamp to create a banner with "welcome" and added it next to the house.  I tucked the left side under the circle and added a small Calypso Coral flower to add a little color and happiness.

And since this is a welcome card, it needed a little gift to go with it.  So I made a fresh loaf of bread and embellished it with more of the Best Year Ever paper and a bit of ribbon from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack.

The bread was super easy to package up and matches the card nicely.  I wrapped the bread itself in parchment paper then added a strip of the tulip design paper and used ribbon to hold the whole thing together.  Tomorrow I will share the yummy recipe with you.  Trust me, you want it...this is the best and easiest homemade bread EVER!

But now it's time to hop on over to Debbie Henderson's awesome blog Debbie's Designs to see what she has in store for us, she always has fabulous ideas!

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/you-brighten-my-day-blog-hop.html

Thanks so much for hopping with us!! Be sure to stop at all of the blogs so you don't miss any of the wonderful ideas we have for you today!  Happy stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

AB. said...

What a beautiful card and gift! I am hungry now. :)