Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hooray It's Your Day Project Kit

Today I've got a couple ideas to share using the Hooray It's Your Day Project Kit.  In the past I've never really gotten into the kits that have been offered.  But this kit is different!  I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE it!  It's packed full of great supplies to make fun cards.  One of the big selling points for me was the exclusive decorative masks and the fun custom envelopes for the cards.


It also has a matching stamp set that you'll need to complete the card ideas they have for you.  I love their card ideas, but I wanted to do something different, so today I have a couple of card ideas that use these materials but in a new way.

This first card is similar to the one in the kit, I changed up the color and accessories a bit.  In place of a Daffodil Delight sponged background (the paper has embossing similar to the Sale-a-bration paper) I used Strawberry Slush.  I also stamped the "look who's turning" with Strawberry Slush to coordinate.  I kept the design of the tag the same except for changing out the baker's twine at the top to Bermuda Bay.  For a bit of fun, Bermuda Bay sequins take the place of the stars that are in the original design.

I think Bermuda Bay and Strawberry Slush look amazing together and make this a fun card for a sixteen year old!

Now for a birthday boy card that has a bit of grunge to it!

This second card has just a couple of changes.  In place of sponging on the card, I added in splotches from Gorgeous Grunge.  I pretty much kept with the design of the card from there, just changed the color of "hooray" on the file folder tab so it was bolder and easier to see.

It was so much fun playing with all of the elements in this kit!!  You should give this one a try and challenge yourself to make something fun and different!  There are more ideas to come for you, I still have the other designs to play with and alter.

And speaking of card designs, did you know that there is a new Create with Connie and Mary card collection coming up??  I am super excited about this fun collection that is all about cards!!

 
The Create with Connie and Mary Card "Create"tions Celebrations edition runs April 5 - 25 and includes 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets.  Visit Create with Connie and Mary for all the details and to subscribe for only $19.95!!  I hope you will join us!


Thanks for visiting today!! Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments: