Friday, March 6, 2015

Love Life

Today I have a card to share for the sketch challenge this week from Create with Connie and Mary.  Only today is Friday, not Thursday and there is a reason for the change.  First, they have 4 NEW Thursday Challenge Design Team members!  Second, 4 of the regular Design Team members are moving to a NEW weekly Saturday Blog Hop!!  So, I am one of the members moving to Saturdays and I hope you'll join me!  I still plan on joining in on the Thursday Challenges, so that means extra stamping ideas for you!  OK, enough talking, let's get to the good stuff.  First, let me show you the sketch for the week.


I pulled out a Sale-a-bration set that I haven't used yet to make my card.  I simply love the lemon in A Happy Thing and felt it was perfect for this sketch.

This card actually uses three different Sale-a-bration items, two of which are paper sets.  Let me give you a quick breakdown of what I did.

1.  Old Olive card base with a layer of Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper.  I used the leaf pattern lightly sponged with Old Olive ink.

2.  Stamped lemon from A Happy Thing with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with blendabilties.  I used Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Soft Sky (for the light outline around the image).

3.  Cut lemon with Circle Framelits, fifth framelit from the center.  I also cut a piece of Best Year Ever Designer Paper from Sale-a-bration to place behind the lemon.  I love this particular design in Crushed Curry, worked great with the lemon.  Stamped "Love Life" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the Crushed Curry circle.

4.  Cut a circle of the Old Olive design from the Sweet Taffy Designer Paper with the fourth Circle Framelit from the center.  It goes great with the lemon as well.

5.  Assembled the card: Added a little bit of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine to the card at an angle to match the sketch.  I tied a Vintage Faceted button into the twine and used a mini glue dot to hold it in place.  Added all of my circles, the two designer paper circles were added with SNAIL and the lemon added with dimensionals.

So that's it!  My bright lemony card for the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge.  I hope you will stop by and check out all of the fabulous cards and new Design Team members!  Plus join me on Saturday for the first weekly BLOG HOP from Create with Connie and Mary, it's going to be so much fun!

Thanks for stopping in today and happy stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


9 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Oh my gosh, your card is superb! I love the colors....so fresh!!! ♥ I'm looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

AB. said...

Stunning card! The gentle sponged background works so well with the lemon stamp. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at CCMC this week. :)

Lisa Martz said...

LOVE! I love the lemon anyway...and then you combined it with that wonderfully sponged paper! Stunning! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Nicole, it seems strange not having you in the Thursday line up but I think the Saturday Blog Hop is a great idea and we still get to see your creations when you play along on Thursdays. That being said, I think your card is yummy! The coloring on the lemon is lovely and you can't go wrong with the Irresistibly Yours paper - love that stuff! So happy that you played along with us this week.

Chris Slogar said...

The faint hint of Old Olive on the background is a perfect compliment to the cheerful pop of color on the circles! I am glad we will see you here and on the Saturday Blog Hop! I am a big fan!

Bridgette Jones said...

Nicole, as usual your work is beautiful! Thank you for playing the Create with Connie and Marry sketch challenge this week!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE that lemon image and wonderful subtle background! Beautiful card! Great job with the sketch this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, I love your card! The light sponging on the background is just beautiful as is your coloring on the lemon. Beautiful card! Congrats on your new "assignment" and we look forward to seeing you here on Thursday also!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous card Nicole - love the fresh and bright lemon and yellows. Enjoy the move to Saturdays - Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!