Monday, March 16, 2015

Sheltering Tree for TSSC358

It's Monday and time for the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  As always Mary Jo has a wonderful sketch for us, take a look.

I used Sheltering Tree for my card today, it's one of the new sets I haven't had a chance to work with yet.

I went with this set because of the way the tree fit perfectly on the Party Pennant die cut.  When I first saw the sketch, the shape of the focal point immediately reminded me of that die cut, so that's the direction I went in.

There was a lot of ink on this week's card, which doesn't always happen.  I had started out with a Pool Party card base, but it was too much blue.  So instead, I went with a Whisper White card base and made a background of clouds.  To do this, I went back to a retired product from Stampin' Up that some of you may remember.

I think I've told you all before that I am a hoarder, so I bet you aren't surprised that I held on to this stencil that retired probably ten years ago.  It's just such a great way to make clouds that I couldn't part with it!  Normally I would use the word bubble framelit that looks like a cloud, but this was a lot of space to fill, so the stencil was a faster way to go!  I used Pool Party ink and a sponge and had a cloud background in no time!

The tree was stamped on a Whisper White Party Pennant.  I used Pear Pizzaz for the grass and Soft Suede for the tree trunk.  The flowers on the tree are Blushing Bride with splashes of color added with a marker directly on the inked stamp.  Patty Bennett, my wonderful upline, has a great video on how to do this, so I gave it a try.

The sentiment is added below the die cut with Pool Party ink, it blends in nicely but is still visible.  The top of the card is a strip of Best Year Ever Designer Paper in my favorite design.  I punched the scallops then added a bit of the ribbon from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack.

So that's it!! A card with tons of ink today!  Now it's your turn!  I hope you will join the challenge with me!  Just go to Techno Stamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


1 comment:

MJ said...

I have that stencil too! Too funny, I have SO much stuff I have not touched in years it is just crazy. Your card is beautiful, I just got this set too but haven't had time to play with it yet, hopefully tomorrow. Love the pinks on the leaves, makes me hopeful for spring! Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team. Your cards are always fabulous.