Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Thank You for TSOT#210

Hello stampers!!  It's Tuesday and I have a fun thank you card for the sketch challenge this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  Here's a look at the sketch.

I wanted to do something fun and different, so I pulled out my Decorative Masks and the Sale-a-bration set Simply Wonderful to put together this card.

I wanted a whimsical card, so I used a polka dot theme created with a Stampin' Write Marker and the Polka Dot Decorative Mask.

For my color palette I looked to designer series papers.  I liked the small polka dot design from the Park Lane DSP, it went well with the polka dot theme without being overwhelming.

To match the paper, I used Calypso Coral as my card base with Blackberry Bliss as my accent color.  The polka dot background was easy to make, I placed the polka dot stencil over the cardstock and used my Calypso Coral Stampin' Write marker to draw a circle for each polka dot.  Once I had my circles, I went back and freehanded lines going different directions so there would be a random pattern.

The sentiment was quick and easy to finish off the card.  I cut three banners from the polka dot paper that I placed behind a piece of Blackberry Bliss.  I added a layer of Calypso Coral then Whisper White.  The sentiment from Simply Wonderful was stamped with Blackberry Bliss which made it stand out nicely against all of the coral.  I also added in a few sequins from the Halloween My Paper Pumpkin kit, they matched perfectly!

And that's it!! A fun polka dot thank you card.  Now it's your turn, why not join the challenge and make a card of your own?!  Just go to Try Stampin' on Tuesday for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Thanks for visiting!! Happy Stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments: