Saturday, April 11, 2015

Card "Create" tions Saturday Blog Hop Week One!!

Hooray!!! It's the first blog hop for Card "Create" tions Celebrations 2015 and I am so excited you are here!!  You should be arriving from Melissa Davies' amazing blog Rubberfunatics, she is so inspiring!!   If you are getting your start here, welcome and make sure you hop all the way around so you don't miss a thing!

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/

Each week during the collection we are featuring a small favor with the stamp set we used for our card set.  My set for this week was From the Garden and I have to say that the more I use it the more I love it!!  In fact, it goes along nicely with another product that I love, the Berry Basket die!   So can you guess what I have for you today???  Yep, a berry basket featuring From the Garden!


The story behind this basket is kind of funny, it was a duh... kinda moment.  I knew I was going to make a basket and knew I wanted to use All Abloom Designer paper.  What I didn't know was what to actually put in the basket.  As I was looking around my desk and shelf of little bits of this and that it struck me!  I have the perfect little gift already done............ the 3" x 3" watercolor cards from last week........perfect fit!

Let's get to some details about how I made this gorgeous floral basket.  The basket die cut is a good 8 1/4" long, so how do you make it with the designer paper stack that is much shorter??  Well, let me show you!

By cutting a smaller piece of designer paper to cover just the sides you can not only save paper, but you can use smaller pieces you may have hanging around.  Just line up the bottom of your paper with the crease for the bottom of each side of the basket and die cut!  That's it!  You have a designer basket in a flash!

The tag is quick and easy as well.  I created a Blushing Bride tag with the Tag Topper Punch then added a pretty garden pick and bow.  The cards got bagged up and tied with pretty White Organza ribbon and the lovely garden pick tag to top it off.   The beautiful watercolor 3" x 3" cards are a perfect match,  I love it when things work out like that for me!

Now, it's time to head over to Debbie Henderson's fabulous blog Debbie's Designs to see what amazing project she has for us today.

 http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/create-with-connie-mary-week-1-blog-hop.html

If you haven't already subscribed to Card "Create" tions Celebrations 2015, I hope you will join us!!  Visit Create with Connie and Mary for all the details.....we are getting ready to dive into week two with lots more to come!

Thanks for hopping along with me today!! Until next time, Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



1 comment:

Melanie Smith said...

Just too cute! I love that paper stack! I used it in my post just yesterday :-)