Monday, April 13, 2015

Celebrate with Bold Colors!

Birthday cards are so fun to create, you can be bright and bold or soft and subtle....it's up to you!  Today I went bold and bright with my Balloon Bash card for the color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  Their challenge features three colors from the Birthday Bash Specialty Designer Series Paper.

I love the sentiment stamped in Night of Navy with the accent of Calypso Coral.  These two colors pair up so nicely!!  The banner was cut from a separate image then layered on but I think they look seamless like I stamped them that way!

I snuck in Crushed Curry behind the designer paper, it was a nice way to make the background pop!  I tried out different designs of the paper and this combo of Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry was definitely the way to go.

And I bet you're not surprised to see sequins on this card!!  I can't do a bright and happy birthday card without a few to add sparkle!

I hope you've enjoyed today's birthday card idea!!  But if you need more ideas....I know the place for you to go!  Card "Create"tions Celebrations is chock full of cards and all the instructions to make them!!  You can check out all the details at Create with Connie and Mary.  I hope you'll subscribe and join us!

Don't forget, I still have another fun shaker card to share with you so be sure to check back tomorrow!  Until then, Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin






7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great use of the challenge colours this week Nicole - the thin strip of Crushed Curry is just enough and I love the Calypso Coral banner across the front of the card. Love the sprinkling of sequins too! Thanks for joining us over at the Thursday Challenge at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Anonymous said...

I love your layout Nicole. Great card! And I'm right there with you, sparkle just makes me happy! Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary!

Chris Slogar said...

I love how you balanced the colors in this challenge, and I like your trick for adding the additional color to the banner. Your card is so bold and fun! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

AB. said...

Fabulous card! The navy and coral DO look gorgeous together and the layer of Crushed Curry really helps to pop that background. A perfect stamp to use on this perfect card! Thanks for joining us this week on Create with Connie and Mary. :)

Margaret Raburn said...

I too love the Navy and Coral together but had to think about the Crushed Curry for awhile myself : ). You've combined them for a happy and bright celebratory card!! Love! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

So fun, Nicole! Love the Balloon Bash set with these colors! Appreciate you playing along this week!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...what a bold, bright card! I love how you kept the greeting simple then let the banner on it 'shine'! Thanks for joining us this week!