Thursday, April 16, 2015

Crazy About You Mom!

Guess what??  NO shaker card today!! Can you believe it??  Instead I have a sweet and soft card for the sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.


I  went pretty literal with this sketch and used the flower from Crazy About you as my focal point.

Can I just say how AWESOME this stamp set is?!  You have every greeting you could ever want or need!  On top of it, you get a couple of great flowers and leaves to boot!  Since Mother's Day will be here before we know it, I went ahead and made a card for my Mom.

I love Sahara Sand with Pink Pirouette, so this card focuses on those two colors.  For a little dimension, I made the flower in three layers and added embossing to the Sahara Sand.

Something Borrowed was the perfect designer paper for this card with it's beautiful subtle look.  For balance, another splash of pink lines the left side.  I pulled the polka dots from Painted Petals, it was the perfect touch!


If you need more card ideas, I have the perfect place for you to go!  Card "Create"tions Celebrations 2015 is in full swing with loads of fabulous card ideas PLUS the instructions!!  We've done all the work for you.  For all the details, visit Create with Connie and Mary and join us!

Bet you can't guess what I'm sharing tomorrow.....one more SHAKER!!  So be sure to come back and see what I've got for you!  Until then, Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





8 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

This is so very pretty Nicole! I love the colors you used!

AB. said...

Soft and pretty and beautiful! A gorgeous Mother's Day card. The main embossed panel adds lovely texture. :)

Chris Slogar said...

This flower is so pretty done in layers! Love your color choice, and great use of the polka dots along the edge!

Anonymous said...

Love the detail on this card. Very elegant, perfect card for Mother's day!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous! I love the texture in the background with the soft pretty flower! A definite favorite! Thanks for joining in this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

Nicole, your card is just beautiful! I don't think I've ever used this color combination but it is a definite winner... I must try it now!! Your paper choices are lovely and the embossed background is a perfect touch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a soft and pretty card Nicole - I love the colour combination and the beautifully layered flower is so crisp against the textured background. A card any mother would be proud of! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Mary Brown said...

How super sweet! Love the pop of pink on the Sahara Sand! Thanks for joining us this week!