Sunday, April 26, 2015

Good Thoughts

Lately I've gotten into more clean and simple cards.  Today's was inspired by the sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.

This card is most certainly crisp and clean with Whisper White as the card base.

The color inspiration came from my stash of washi tape.  The bottom layer is from Stacked with Love Washi in the Occasions Catalog, I love the stripes.  I also wanted to pull in a cheerful color, so the next layer is the Hello Honey washi tape from the Happiness Is Project Life Accessory Kit.

With a clean card base comes a clean focal point.  The sentiment from Perfect Pennants is in Memento Tuxedo Black with a sweet little Hello Honey envelope below.

Did you notice anything different about this card??  I restrained myself and didn't add one single sequin or rhinestone....can you believe it!!   The only extra splash of color came from the little Cherry Cobbler heart on the envelope.  Are you wondering where the envelope came from??  Well, it's in the super cute set About the Label in the Annual Catalog.  I love that it's just the outline of the envelope, it has a super clean look.  And lastly, the sweet little heart was made with the Hearts Border Punch, it was just the right size!

If you haven't given the clean and simple look a try, why not?!  It's a great way to get in your stamping time when you are super busy.

Until next time, happy stamping!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin







4 comments:

Jan Hoyt said...

cute card, Nicole....I love the CAS look/style as well!

Amy O said...

Fabulous card! This is so clean and everything works together perfectly. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your clean graphic design! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Timko said...

I totally love the clean look of this card. Just a perfect use of the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!