Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hello Sunshine!

Today's card is sunny and happy even though it's cloudy and rainy here in Ohio!  Remember when I said I'd do more with the Hooray It's Your Day Project Kit??  Well, today's the day!  My first couple of cards were for birthday's, so I went in a different direction for today.

Can you tell that I'd like to see the sun a little more??  The bright Daffodil Delight just makes me smile!!  I love the rays of sunshine created with the AWESOME mask that comes in the kit.  The two exclusive decorative masks that come with this kit were the biggest selling point for me, you can use them for more than just the kit!

This was my first try at spritzing, so I tried a couple of times on scrap paper before doing the one for my card.  I found that holding the spritzer further away gives you more control with how much color goes on the paper.  You can always add more color if it's too light, but you can't take it away...trust me!  To make this particular color, I added rubbing alcohol to the spritzer (comes in the kit too!) about 3/4 full then added 8-10 drops of Daffodil Delight re-inker.  Give a little shake and off you go!

Once I had spritzed to my heart's content, I kept the rest of the card simple to let the rays be the main focus.  I added the "hello" wooden accent and a simple "sunshine" from Crazy About You below.  To add the wooden accent I used a little tombow and it held great.  For a little sparkle, sequins were scattered over the card.  You know that I can't help but add sequins to a card like this!!

I hope this brings a little sunshine to your day as it did mine!! We may be getting rain here, but I can still brighten my day with stamping!!


Don't forget about the amazing FREE SHIPPING going on right now!!! It's a great chance to get things marked off your wish list!!  You can shop any time so don't miss this great opportunity!

See you next time!! Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



1 comment:

StampingbugKerry said...

Love the spritzing! Fun and HAPPY card. The veneer is fun too. :)