Wednesday, April 15, 2015

One More Fabulous Shaker!

I've been on a shaker card binge this week.....I can't make anything else!  I sat down with High Five and a shaker card idea came to mind immediately.

This version is called a flat shaker, so no dimensionals needed...woo hoo!!  Skipping the dimensionals makes this card so much quicker and FUN!

Again I paired Coastal Cabana with black and white.....I just can't get enough of this awesome color combo!  A variety of stars were placed under the vellum for the confetti.  I went through my scraps of Basic Black, Whisper White and Bermuda Bay and punched stars with the Confetti Star Punch.  I piled them up in the middle of the card then added a piece of vellum.  **TIP**  Be sure to add adhesive to the vellum and not just washi tape.  The washi can be easily removed and your shaker will fall apart!

Once the vellum was in place I added the striped Stacked with Love washi tape to complete the shaker portion.  Now to embellish!!  "Your Fabulous" from High Five goes in the center and a few stars of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper finish off the look.

This flat shaker is a perfect way to get your shaker fix without all the work!  LOVE IT!!  In fact, I have another flat shaker that I will show you on Friday!  It's turning out to be a shaker kinda week!

Until next time, Happy Stamping!!



Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very cool....I never thought to make a flat shaker card but I am sure it's much easier that way!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Brilliant to make a flat shaker card! I love how you framed the shaker with washi tape, too. So glad you joined us this week at JUGS!

Anonymous said...

Love the vellum for the shaker window! And the addition of the washi tape is a great idea!
Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

Love the vellum shaker window, and it's flat! Cool beans! Easy to mail! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!