Sunday, April 12, 2015

Shake it Up!

I have something to confess to you.....I am a shaker card addict!  I love seeing the little bits of paper and sequins float around, it just makes me smile!  It's been waaaaayyyyyy too long since I've made any, so this week you will be seeing two!  Today's shaker is for the sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.  

The creative process started by pulling out the products I wanted to try out, namely the Hello Life Project Kit.  I've had it sitting on my desk for a good week and here was a good opportunity to play a little.  As you know, I LOVE to use kits for things other than intended.  This card definitely falls under that description!

Coastal Cabana is probably my most favorite color and it's going to be leaving us soon, so I figured I better use it while I can!  Using it is as a base with the bold black and white stripes really makes this card stand out.  The Happy Heart embossing folder goes nicely with the heart shaker set that came in the kit.

Inside the shaker are two of the sentiments from Hello Life.  I love the contrast of the curvy sentiment in Coastal Cabana with the typed sentiment in black.  The confetti is made up of the silver foil hearts in the kit, Bermuda Bay sequins, and Coastal Cabana hearts punched with the Hearts Border Punch.

A banner from chalkboard paper with a heart stamped in White Craft ink is a perfect finishing touch along with a few extra sequins.  I actually made a bit of a boo-boo.  I didn't let the ink on the banner dry completely and it smeared a little on the end.  Instead of starting over, I popped a sequin over top and the boo-boo disappeared....woo hoo!

 Lastly, here's a quick peek at the inside.  The large bold sentiment was a perfect end to this card!

Be sure to check back with me on Tuesday for the second shaker card that features the March My Paper Pumpkin!  Until then, Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Such a cute shaker card! I too am going to be sad when Coastal Cabana leaves us......hopefully we will have some new fabulous colors to take our minds off missing Coastal Cabana.

hellerlittle said...

that´s looking such stunning --- love it
CU hellerlittle

Carol Carriveau said...

You are amazing, Nicole! Would love to live in your head for a time to see your on-going creative process! I just ordered more of the fav c/s colors that we will soon be loosing and will probably miss CC the most so ordered extra...happy to be a hobby demo so that I can continue using the colors, at least til we see our new set! TFS and have a great week!

Amy O said...

Adorable! I love that you used this sketch for a shaker card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Just adorable!!! This is the cutest little shaker! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

LeAnne said...

I absolutely adore this....I think this is definitely a FMS winner in my book!

Linda said...

Hi Nicole,
Can you share how you made the heart-shaped shaker effect for this card? Thanks bunches!