Monday, April 20, 2015

Yee-Haw Birthday Buckaroo!

Can you guess what I have for you today?? Yep, a super fun cowboy birthday card featuring Yee-Haw!  My inspiration came from the fabulous sketch that Mary Jo has for us this week.

The banner on her sketch got me thinking about a wooden plank and a cowboy hat to hang on it.  So, I pulled out Yee-Haw and started stamping!

Now I tell ya, what little cowboy wouldn't love this card for his birthday???  I know my little guy would.  I may have to do a cowboy party for Ben just so I can use this card...lol!

I went with colors that I don't normally use, but they worked great with this design.  I wanted the sentiment to really stand out so I paired Marina Mist with Night of Navy and Hello Honey.  I really love the way the Night of Navy looks on the Marina Mist banner, it's so bold and gorgeous!  To make the unusual pattern, I pulled a stamp from a set that you  wouldn't necessarily think of for this style of card.  I used Build a Bouquet!  The large stamp was the perfect pattern to make the rustic look I was going for.

Baked Brown Sugar with the woodgrain embossing folder provides the very realistic wood card base.  I think the sponging really made it look the part!  A rope and a cowboy hat frame the sentiment for the birthday buckaroo.  Too much fun!!  But what about the inside??

A big YEE-HAW of course!  I usually go with a white interior, but carrying over the colors was just too perfect for this one.

So now it's up to you!  How about joining us and make a card!  You have two weeks to create and link up.  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.

Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





2 comments:

LeAnne said...

I just LOVE this, Nicole! One of my favorite sets....I could not WAIT to get this one when I saw it at convention last year!

MJ said...

So fun, I really think this is the cuties set--I keep forgetting about these extra sets and I love most of them. You did a fabulous job with this sketch--really really fun card. So sorry it has taken me so long to make it around to leave comments.